One of the largest squads of swimmers in Millfield’s history travelled to Plymouth for the Regional Youth Championships on May 4-6th. The three days of intense swimming competition saw our athletes place process over outcome and focus on the intricate details needed to swim fast over the coming months.
Director of Swimming Euan Dale commented;
‘’Our Millfield swimmers swam aggressively and accomplished some tremendous feats of excellence off of the back of the previous training cycle and the Easter break.’’
For several, qualification and participation in the South West Championships is a notable achievement in itself. For many others, placing a time on rankings to qualify for Summer Nationals is the main goal.
Millfield Swimming were represented in a staggering amount of finals over the course of May Bank Holiday. A large number of our athletes clocking double dips.
It would be unfair to mention any stand out swims as Millfield Swimming were in impressive form for the entirety of the competition.
Many personal bests, seasons bests, school records, podium medals and National relay qualifications were achieved throughout the competition.
Assistant Coach and Athletic Development lead Dan Waddingham was on deck for all three days of the meet and had this to say about the competition:
“The most impressive aspect of our athletes preparation and recovery process was the level of self-management and independence shown throughout the weekend”
Full results can be found here
Most Recent Articles
- Swimmers Reflection on International Swim Meets
- Arena League Western Final
- Swim England Winter Nationals
- SE National County Team Championships
- ESSA South West Relay Results
- Millfield swimmer commits to University of Virginia
- Team Bath AS and Millfield Announce Open Meet Partnership
- British Summer Championships - Daily Download (Day 5)
- Millfield swimmer makes history as first female selected for World Junior Championships
- Millfield swimming coaches raise money for local hydro pool